In our Catholic Mom.com Hangout this week, I share some back-to-school, back-to-basics hacks to get you and your family started on the right spiritual path as the school year begins.
Cast all your worries upon him because he cares for you. (1 Peter 5:7)
1. It’s that time of the year! What’s your visual reminder that it’s time for back-to-school? Emily shares how the Hydrangea flower reminds her of the children going back to school. These lovely flowers bloom in time for the kids to head back.
2. Begin your day with morning prayer. I like to take 10 minutes for a cup of coffee and prayer to start every day.
3. Make your car a chapel. Pray with the kids! Ask what they’re grateful for and what they’d like to pray for.
4. Set up a routine for getting out the door. This can involve a quick morning chore as well as setting out clothing or uniforms the night before.
5. Enthrone your home to the Sacred Heart. Visit www.WelcomeHisHeart.com to learn more.
6. Bless your children as they leave your home or car on their way to school.